Super Secret Modelling!

So, last Monday I got the chance to do something I have been dreaming of forever. Miss Naomi of Vintage Secret is writing a book of which I cannot name or go into too much detail about! As much as I hate to tease you, it sounds like it's going to be a really awesome and interesting book and I can't wait to get my hands on it not least because I will be in it!

....'before', looking incredibly attractive.
Yes! That's right, if you hadn't gathered from the title of this post - I have been modelling! In a studio in Shoreditch no less! I hauled myself out of bed at 5:20am wearing modern (ish) clothes and not a scrap of make-up to go down to London and strut around as a flapper and frankly, feel a little insecure. Ladies and Gentleman, it was fabulous. Firstly, the studio was amazing, with huge windows and white walls and vintage-y sofas and mirrors abound. Lipstick and Curls were on stand-by to flapper-ify me and Naomi had borrowed and begged loads of squeal-inducing vintage. Obviously it wasn't all for me to wear, but just helping to take it all out of the bags and hang it up was enough to induce an 'Excitement Headache'. Don't laugh!

The Beautifying Process
In my opinion, I got to wear the best outfit of all, a real, 1920s sequinned flapper dress. I loved the outfit, It was just the modelling that was hard, I've decided I need lessons... or more experience! (any offers?... no?) It was so difficult to look elegant and natural and I was so impressed with Kezia (a fellow model!) and how beautiful and elegant she looked. Mind you, she looked beautiful and elegant from when she walked through the door. *sigh*. In the end the decent shots were thanks to Gemma of Bake Do and Mend who is possibly the World's Leading Expert in 20s posing! Gemma was also modelling and it was so awesome to meet her - she is funny and lovely and so easy to talk to.

I also met Fleur (and of course, Naomi) again, both of whom I met at Swing for Skin! Fleur was being her usual fabulous forties self and showcasing some shapely runners-calves ;).



This is the sort of thing I wish I could blog about every day. It was so fun and special and exciting and I really wish I could do more things like this. Ah well, a gal can dream. 

I shan't be posting as regularly due to my imminent holiday but I know of several wifi spots around the place and have a brother with a laptop! I'm hoping to bring you outfit posts regularly because I have some new clothes and of course, a bathing suit! 

Stay Tuned,

Miss P xxxx